Welcome to Hope Healing & Health!
Thank you for your interest in our services. When it comes to improving your health you have many options to choose from. At Hope, Healing & Health we believe options are important. It can not only enhance an individual’s satisfaction with their health care experience, but in can also help improve health outcomes. We strive to make this a reality for our patients, and as such, provide a broad range of professional health services, which we are confident will help many people living and working in Hope, BC achieve better health.
Our goal is to maximize an individual’s innate, inborn potential to heal, be healthy, and experience an enhanced quality of life. We take great care to help make this possible. We are guided by our firm belief that through the honest, compassionate, and professional use of our services every individual can live a healthier more fulfilled existence.
Please take the time to browse our services and learn more about your health – and your options.
We are re-opening soon!!
Starting Jun 9th our clinic will be open to in-person care. We are so happy to see this day finally come, and look forward to once again helping our valued patients restore and optimize their health.
Unfortunately, however, it won’t be business as usual. There will be significant changes to the look and feel of your experience. To adapt to COVID-19 we have had to modify and/or enhance our policies and procedures to help minimize the potential spread of the virus. As you know the very nature of manual therapy (close contact in-person care) makes it very difficult to eliminate the risk, but we can take steps together to make it much less likely to happen. We sincerely hope that our patients will help us protect everyone that walks through our doors, by doing their part by adhering to the advice and guidelines set out in our policies and procedures.
First and foremost, please, if you are not feeling well, especially if you are experiencing symptoms/signs associated with COVID-19 – STAY HOME! We would be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date. We urge you to use the BC COVID-19 self assessment tool to determine the appropriate action you should take if you are not feeling well and question whether you should or should not book (or attend) your appointment. https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en.
Please keep in mind that the ‘flu-like’ symptoms of COVID-19 can be mild at first, but symptoms can worsen suddenly in only a few days. This is why it is important that even if you ‘just have the sniffles‘ or ‘seasonal allergies‘ that you recognize that a new onset of these types of symptoms could be related to COVID-19, and should not be disregarded. Please cancel your appointment, stay home and call 8-1-1 for further advice.
Our staff, and health care providers, will be taking the same actions before we commit to providing care to our patients. If we are found to be symptomatic at any time we will promptly cease patient care and cancel all future appointments. We will, like anyone who has symptoms, self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days, and will determine if further assessment or even testing is required.
It should be noted that asymptomatic transmission of COVID-19 is an unavoidable risk until we’ve acquired herd immunity or an effective vaccine has been developed. We realize that a isolated cough or sneeze alone may not be cause for immediate concern, but we all still need to be hyper-vigilant to protect others. With this in mind, always remember to continue to practice good cough and sneeze hygiene. This means to cough or sneeze into your arm rather than your hands, and to wash/sanitize your hands immediately thereafter. (source: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/how-it-spreads)
In terms of what you can expect when you contact our office for an appointment. Expect that we will still be our friendly selves, but we will be asking you a few more questions than usual. We will screen you for symptoms, using the BC COVID-19 self assessment tool, to determine if in-person care would be advisable and safe for others. We will decline in-person care to anyone we feel may present a risk to others, no matter how small that risk might be. Although frustrating, if this happens to you please remember that it’s not personal. We want to do what’s best for the most people. We can always schedule an appointment at a later date, or a least give you some other options for care if appropriate.
If an appointment is booked for you there are a several required actions that you will need to comply with in order to receive care from our office.
- First, on the day of your appointment perform a self assessment, and if you are not feeling well please call our office to advise us that you will not be attending your appointment. You will not be charged for cancelled appointments.
- If you are confident that it is safe for you to attend your appointment, please plan to arrive no more than 5 minutes before your schedule time. This helps to minimize crossing paths with other patients. It also helps ensure that we can stay as on time as possible for appointments; giving consideration to the increased prep-time between patient visits.
- Upon arrival at our office please call our reception so that we can prepare for your visit. We will advise you if we are ready for you to approach the office’s main door. We may ask you to wait in your car until a staff member, or health care provider, retrieves you from you vehicle.
- When it is appropriate we will then retrieve you from your vehicle. Please leave everything you do not need at home or in your car. Each room will have a designated container or platform to place belongings (these containers are sanitized between each visit). However, the less you bring with you the less likely it needs to be sanitized afterwards.
- You will not be able to enter the office without first donning a mask. Please plan to bring one. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one. We have limited PPE and reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for the mask.
- Prior to entry a staff member, or your care provider, will again screen you for COVID-19. You will be asked a series of ‘yes’/’no’ questions and your temperature will be taken. If the screen reveals that you have symptoms associated with COVID-19, you will be asked to return home and self isolate for 10 days and contact 8-1-1. We can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Please refrain from bringing anyone along to the visit with you. We have a maximum number of people in the lobby at any given time (4), and we will monitoring this closely. Further, it will increase the time it takes for us to do the pre-entry screening(s); which may put us behind schedule.
- If all is well, you will be asked to sign our COVID-19 sign-in sheet and to immediately sanitize your hands upon entry.
- You will then either be ushered into the treatment room, or advised to wait in a designated social distancing spot in our waiting room until it is time to go into the treatment room.
- In the treatment room, please place any personal belongings in the designated container provided.
- Your treatment will commence as usual, with the slightly uncomfortable restriction of having to wear a mask. If your comfort is greatly impeded while wearing the mask, upon the discretion of the health care provider, you may remove it. The health care provider will also be wearing a mask, googles, and other PPE when needed.
- At the end of your treatment, you will be ushered out of the clinic or to the waiting room if you need to pay. Please note we prefer contact-less payment methods, and we will encourage emailed reminders of appointments and receipts. We will also encourage appointments booked by phone to help limit contact with others.
- Before leaving the office you will again be asked to sanitize your hands before leaving the office.
- When in the office please remember to heed social distancing and cough/sneeze etiquette at all times.
- Also, our internal procedures are meant to limit as much as possible the casual contact with hard-surfaces. Please try to avoid touching as many things as you can, including door knobs, chairs, counter etc… Further, plan on using the bathroom at home before coming to your appointment to reduce contact with surfaces in our bathroom.
You should feel confident that our office is taking this pandemic seriously, and have enhanced many of our policies and procedures to mitigate risk. We want you to feel comfortable and safe. We have enhanced our cleaning practices (including office cleaning/sanitizing, as well as hand-sanitizing policies), plans for the judicial use of PPE for staff and health care providers (including, where applicable, masks, gloves, and eye protection). We have social distancing measure in place (including phone-in appointments only, avoiding use of waiting room prior to appointments, social distancing markers, and modified practitioner schedules and patient bookings). We have a installed plexi-glass shield, have plenty of hand sanitizer available. We complete COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaires for both patients and staff prior to every office entry. We live in unprecedented times, and our clinic has taken the steps to be better equipped and trained to deal with this new treat.
For a complete review of our COVID-19 safety plan; check out our resource page http://www.hopehealingandhealth.com/resources/
We sincerely hope that you find comfort and confidence in our plan for re-opening, and hope to see you soon. Please spread the word about our re-opening and encourage other to read this information for themselves before scheduling an appointment. Thank you in advance.
Hope, Healing & Health
I’ve been going to Sean for upper and lower back pain since my car accident last year. He has been helping my body heal and teaching me ways to strengthen muscles at home so I can move without pain …
I’ve been an active wellness chiropractic patient for the last 6 years. I believe that a proactive approach to one’s health is paramount in a lifelong plan for health and wellness. I firmly be…
Chiropractic keeps my asthma and joint pain under control. With these treatments I am off my inhalers and pills most of the time. Thank you, Shawn.
I have been using Dr. Eldridge’s services since August 16th, 2013 once every 5 to 6 weeks for arthritic pain in my left shoulder. Since then I have had little or no pain. I would certainly recommend…
Through the years I have been to several chiropractors. There are only two who have been able to use Kinesiology (which is usually quite gentle yet very specific technique) to do adjustments. Dr. Eldr…
Shawn is an excellent chiropractor. He is kind and patient, very gentle. Both he and his receptionist are efficient and polite people.
Six months of continual back pain rendered my barely able to function. Assorted ineffective medications recommended by a doctor and a never-ending waiting list for physiotherapy gave way to desperatio…